February 15, 2013

Something I Have Learned(ing).....




Its ok to not be perfect.

   Sigh.....I have been trying so hard for so long. To be perfect. To make things perfect. And you know what? It is not attainable. And it should not try to be attained. Because it is exhausting. And I am tired of trying to achieve it. So tired.

I am learning its ok to just be good. Or what my idea of good is. And there are moments in time that are perfect. Or feel perfect. But it doesn't last. It cant last. Because perfection is not something that humans can be. Its just not. We were not made by God to be perfect. If we were we wouldn't have God's unconditional love, forgiveness and Grace. And we need this. WE so need this because we make mistakes because we are human. And that is ok too as long as we learn and grow from them.

This is a process that I am still trying to grasp. To wrap my arms around and embrace. In this I have learned to breathe. I didn't realize how long I had been holding my breath while trying to be perfect.

And it feels so good to let it go. To just be. To be good enough. Right here. Right now.

And to just breathe.











1 comment:

  1. I hear you on that one! I've gotten so much better over the past year or so but I used to have to have everything perfect. If people were coming over to my house it had to be absolutely spotless and nothing out of place. As I get older I'm learning that somtimes imperfect is more fun and relaxed and better for me

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!!!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila